The Master of Science in Biotechnology program is designed to provide training to students for professional careers in the biotechnology. The program has been widely recognized by professional practitioners in the relevant field as a premier academic program.
After successfully completing your Bachelor’s Degree at Silver-Oak university, you can opt for study the research-based and practically- oriented Master of Science in Biotechnology.
Application of information that converts in knowledge in the subject of Biotechnology is the key feature of program.
To develop entrepreneurship among the students, the hands on laboratory training with digital theory sessions that make students qualify a broad range of position in Research and Development, Food & Drugs industry and further education in a doctoral program.
To address broad range of fields including biopolymer chemistry, marine biochemistry, environmental biotechnology, food science, microbiology, microbial genetics, molecular biology and systematic biology.
The Masters in Biotechnology program will address the increasing need for skilled scientific entrepreneurial understanding of research ethics involving microorganisms for application, advancement and impartment of knowledge in the field of Biotechnology and molecular biology globally. The laboratory training will empower them to prepare for careers in broad range of fields. The program will encourage the students to think innovative ways of problem to be solve.
- After M.Sc. Biotechnology Explain in-depth and up-to-date knowledge in basic and advanced biotechnological elements.
- They can obtain knowledge about various methodological and analytic approaches that are used within the specialization.
- Master’s project work and international literature is prime source of knowledge that students can learn and understand in real manner of whole learning process.
- They can compete in national level competitive exams such as NET-JRF or GATE or International exams such as GRE-TOEFEL and can pursue career in higher studies.
- Evaluate information relevant to concepts and issues of contemporary biotechnology.
- Analyse and solve both theoretical and applied biotechnological programs related to research and technical aspects of the industry.
- Cultivate skill to independently carry out a complete scientific work process, including the understanding of theoretical background, hypothesis generation, collection and analysis of data, and interpretation and presentation of results. Also they can communicate scientific results to the general public and experts by writing well-structured reports and contributions for scientific publications and posters, and by oral presentations.
- Students can work with multidisciplinary projects within selected topics related to biotechnology and ability to contribute in a multidisciplinary team.
- Students are capable to evaluate methods and results within the field of specialization critically such as statistical, kinetics and reaction evaluations.
- They can evaluate and predict the technological, ethical and social effects of their own work /disciplines and of biotechnology.
- Students are very well aware of health, safety and environment (HSE) issues in handling chemicals and biological materials; understands the environmental impacts associated with the activity; performs risk assessments and is familiar with safety instructions in his/her subject area.
- They can join the Bachelor of education (B.Ed) if they want to do teaching in primary as well as secondary schools.
- After higher studies students can join as scientist and can even look for professional job oriented courses.
- They can go for Indian Forest Service and other competitive examinations. The student after graduating will be eligible for various government exams conducted by UPSC, SSC etc. This course also offers opportunities for serving in Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force as officers.
- Skilled manpower suitable for academic and research institutions as technicians.
- Suitable for different government and non-governmental and private companies.
- Skilled recipients can easily consume by pharmaceutical industries, bio analytical laboratories, environmental agencies, food and dairy sector, chemical industries etc.
- Suitable for laboratory technician, visiting or regular lecturer at college and schools.
- Suitable for JRF (junior research fellow) and SRF (senior research fellow), RA (research associate) at research institutions.